Israel Fest – a community-wide celebration of the State of Israel’s 70th year
Experience Israel through art, education, food, games, and entertainment with activities for all ages!
Sunday, April 22 | 11:00am – 4:00pm
Reba and Sam Sandler Family Campus
FREE & open to the community, tickets required for some experiences and food.
Want to volunteer for Israel Fest? Click here.
Children’s Israel activities with Simon Family JCC summer camp counselors, Strelitz Early Childhood Center and Hebrew Academy of Tidewater teachers, Sababa Beachaway, PJ Library, the Nature Bus, and more, include:
• A scavenger hunt through Israel for kids and teens
• Live Animals in Tidewater’s Version of the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo
• Sababa Lawn games for teens
• Archeological Dig for Ancient Coins in Beer-Sheva
• Robotics Build & Battle
• Sand Art in the Negev
• Israel Sensory Tables for Toddlers
• Much, much more!
Activities for the entire family include:
• Authentic Israeli Street Food representing the major populations in Israel, with visiting Chef, Guy Beery
• HQ Trivia – Test your Israel knowledge
• Israeli Cinematheque Featuring films from the past seven decades
• Camel Rides
• Virtual Reality Trips Through Israel
• Shop for Israeli art, jewelry, flags, books about Israel, essential oils, and more
• Backgammon Tournament
• Israel photo ops galore
• Music of the past 70 years by Israeli DJ, Eyal Rob
Exhibits on display at Israel Fest include:
• Community Umbrella Installation hanging in the Simon Family JCC hanging in the Cardo, with more than 300 handpainted works of art from students across the community through the generosity of the Gifford Foundation
• Beit Hatfutsot’s Celebrating Israel at 70: Snapshots of the People Behind a Young State
• Israel21c’s 70 Years of Israeli Achievements – A Timeline of Success
• Israel Matters, a Stand With Us multi-panel display sharing facts about Israel’s people, history, vibrant economy, innovations, maps and more.
And, be sure to join hundreds of people at 2:30pm at the soccer field, to be part of Tidewater’s LARGEST Israeli flag, ever!